Judy Johnston Insurance Services

Auto Insurance

Auto Insurance

Auto Insurance

We are a licensed SGI motor license issuer & also provide Auto Extension Policies through: SGI CANADA & Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance (SMI). Auto extension policies enhance your basic plate insurance by offering increased liability, reduced deductibles, replacement cost coverage and other important coverage options.

Other Auto Insurance options we can provide you with include:

Short-Term Vehicle Registration and Insurance

Short-Term Vehicle Registrations are ideal for vehicles which are driven at specific time periods within the year. The auto extension policy will apply while the vehicle is licensed, and coverage will continue while the vehicle is temporarily unlicensed and in storage, where it is at risk for theft and damage. As long as the vehicle is stored within Canada, the policy covers up to the actual cash value of the vehicle. Each policy will have a deductible for various damages, depending on your coverage.

If a vehicle is unlicensed and is in storage permanently or is up for sale, an auto extension policy must be issued as an unlicensed vehicle that will protect the car to a specified cash value.

Commercial Auto Extension

Commercial auto extension policies are available for businesses requiring vehicles on the road. Coverage options are available for:

  • Contractors
  • Couriers
  • Delivery vehicles
  • Long Haul Trucking
  • Cargo and Transportation Insurance

Cargo insurance is mandatory and required by law for commercial carriers with a commercial A plated unit and a registered Gross Vehicle Weight of over 5000 kg. There are minimum limits of cargo insurance required according to the registered Gross Vehicle Weight.

Transportation insurance covers businesses hauling goods in vehicles, such as couriers or light delivery vehicles, and provides coverage for the contents that are being hauled.

Other Vehicles

Coverage is also available for other types of vehicles, including:

  • Motorcycles
  • Snowmobiles
  • Trailers
  • Antique-plated vehicles

Hours of Operation

Monday – Friday 8:30AM – 5:30PM
Saturday 9AM – 3PM


Our Partners