Commercial Insurance (Business)
Protect your Business so you can focus on what’s important
Our team can help maximize the effectiveness of insurance by connecting you to the right products at the right price. We have coverage for large and small businesses and we can ensure you have proper coverage through one of our many commercial insurance providers.
What type of businesses can benefit from commercial insurance?
No matter the industry, our business insurance brokers can quickly determine the risks your business may face and the potential financial losses that can leave your business in a vulnerable position. Some of the industries and businesses we specialize in:
- Accommodation, Food & Beverage Services
- Business & Professional Services
- Construction, Erection & Installation
- Manufacturing & Processing
- Membership Organizations
- Health Services
- Agriculture Services
What types of business insurance are available?
- Liability Insurance
- Small Business Insurance
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Cyber Insurance
- Industry Specialties
- Farm Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Transportation & Logistics Insurance
- E & O Professional Liability Insurance
- Directors & Officers Liability for the Board of Directors of profit & non profit corporations
Why choose Johnston Insurance Brokers?
As a business leader, owner or manager, you wear many hats and protecting your business from unexpected risks is one of them. Through a comprehensive review of your business operations, our team can help define your business insurance protection program. We take a unique approach to building an insurance and risk portfolio that will help you accomplish your business goals and feel protected.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in Saskatchewan is unique in its own way. From the small businesses across the prairies; the businesses making valuable impacts in the community, to one of the many service industry businesses in the heart of downtown Saskatoon we’ve got you covered.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance brokers are available to ensure you’re protected.
“The prompt service and knowledgeable staff always make it easy to deal here!”– Local Commercial Farmer/Client
General liability insurance coverage is a type of insurance that protects your business against liability claims made by third parties. It provides coverage for liability claims arising from bodily injury and property damage to others as a result of your operations. It’s most commonly purchased to protect company owners engaged in business activities or actions that involve other people, such as your employees, your products, construction, retail establishments, nonprofit organizations or by something occurring on your premises. Commercial General Liability insurance provides coverage for bodily injury or property damage caused to a third party by the business’s operations, products or injuries sustained on the business’s premises. Legal liability coverage will help with the financial costs associated with defense costs as well as third-party damages which you’re deemed legally liable.
What expenses are covered by liability insurance?
- Medical expenses if someone is injured on your premises or from your product
- Paying compensatory damages to third parties for which you’re legally liable for
- Lost wages of the individual who has suffered an injury and unable to work
- Loss of use and revenue arising from loss or damage to property
- Compensation for loss of or damage to property
- Legal defense costs for claims brought against your business, regardless of fault
What type of businesses require liability coverage?
Regardless of industry, business type, size, or revenues, all businesses are at risk of causing damage or injury to others. Legal fees are expensive, and just one unexpected incident could impact the future of your business.
Business Interruption Insurance
Business Interruption Insurance can make the difference between a temporary setback and going out of business. It helps cover the expenses necessarily incurred to resume normal business operations resulting from the interruption of business when the building or business contents are damaged as a direct result of an insured loss.
Having Business Interruption insurance can assist with:
- Paying your employees salaries
- Covering your water and electricity bills
- Keeping your mortgage and property taxes
- Renting equipment to keep working
- Running out of temporary location
Business interruption insurance can protect you from future losses or unexpected risks such a:
- Losing your best employees or another company attracting your customers
- Extra costs during your renovations
- Having to give up contracts and business partnerships
- Losing a portion or all of your sales